If you're familiar with the medical cannabis industry, you know that cannabis has been gaining popularity around the country.
Today, medicinal users can consume pure, concentrated forms of cannabis in a variety of ways. While oils, vaporizers and drinks are all familiar, edibles are still an old favorite.
If you're curious about cooking with cannabis, canna butter (cannabis-infused butter) is a great place to begin. Simple, tasty and perfect for use in cannabis cookies, this introductory edible recipe is an excellent way to get your feet wet with edibles. Read on to learn more.
Making Canna Butter
To make canna butter, you'll need the following things:
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 oz. ground cannabis
you've gathered your ingredients, follow these steps:
- Place the water and butter into a deep stockpot on the stove top, over medium-low heat. Stir continually as the butter melts. Once combined, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Add ground cannabis to butter mixture and continue simmering over low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool and store in an airtight container.
Once you've made your canna butter, you can use it in a variety of things. Ideal on toast, in baked goods (like the canna cookies we'll discuss in one moment) or in other dishes, canna butter is a low-impact, high-quality product that's ideal for medical marijuana users everywhere.
Making Canna Cookies
Now that you've got your very own store of homemade canna butter, let's talk about how and why to make canna cookies.
Aside from the fact that they're delicious, canna cookies are a quality cannabis product that makes it easy to enjoy your medical marijuana anywhere you please.
Easy to make and perfect for your first time cooking edibles at home, cannabis cookies are a great starting point for edible cannabis products. Get started by gathering the following ingredients:
- 2 cups baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canna butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two eggs, chilled
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Once you've gathered your ingredients, follow
- Combine softened canna butter and sugars in a large bowl. Mix manually or with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in eggs, stirring after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract, stirring well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Fold into wet mixture, stirring well.
- Once all ingredients are combined, add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- With the oven set to 375 degrees, form dough into small balls and bake on a greased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before eating.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container
Canna cookies are a delicious treat. To stay safe
and responsible, however, be sure to label your homemade edibles as such
and keep them out of reach of children and pets.
butter and canna cookies are wonderful places to start with at-home edibles.
Ideal for marijuana aficionados who have never made their own edibles before,
these two simple recipes are fun and simple. Before you know it, you'll
be cooking unique cannabis edibles in your very own kitchen.